Practicing since 1980, Gary has concentrated his practice in transactional matters and litigation in the fields of real estate, commercial, mortgage lending, corporate law, employment law, and insurance defense. Gary is rated “A.V.” by Martindale Hubbell. Gary regularly represents banks, mortgage lenders and loan servicers in a variety of individual and consumer class action matters, including federal appeals.
GARY E. SCHNITZER
- Southwestern University School of Law (1980)
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (1976)
- State Bar of Nevada, 1980
- United States District Court, 1980
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1982
- United States Supreme Court, 2003
- Top Lawyer by Vegas Inc.
- 10 Most Prominent Real Estate Attorneys in Las Vegas by Las Vegas Business Press
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Champion of Justice by The Federal District Court of Nevada and Nevada Legal Services
- Rated 10 out of 10 by Avvo
- Las Vegas Justice Court Pro Tem
- Private Arbitrator
- U.S. District Court Section 1983 Inmate Early Mediation Mediator
- Taft v. Steinberg, 97 Nev. 597, 637 P.2d 533 (1981)
- Piedmont Equipment Co. v. Eberhard, 99 Nev. 523, 665 P.2d 256 (1983)
- Portal Enterprises, Inc. v. Cahoon, 102 Nev. 107, 715 P.2d 1324 (1986)
- Mccourt v. J.C. Penney, 103 Nev. 101, 734 P.2d 696 (1987)
- Alsenz v. Twin Lakes, 843 P.2d 834 (Nev., 1992)
- Quirrion v. Sherman, 846 P.2d 1051 (Nev., 1993)
- Motor Credit Co. v. Crawford, 855 P.2d 1024 (Nev., 1993)
- Barnes v. Zhang et. al., 2014 WL 5386901 (Nev.Dist.Ct.)
- Nationstar Mortg., LLC v. Rodriguez, 132 Nev. Adv. Rep. 55, 375 P.3d 1027 (2016)
- Zhang v. Barnes, No. 67219 (Nev.Sup.Ct., 2016)(Unpublished Opinion)
- Recent accomplishments include representing a guarantor in a $2.16 billion loan package; representing a lender in Nevada regarding a $550 million loan package; representing a guarantor in a $100 million loan package; receiving a defense verdict in defending a title company against a $5 million breach of contract claim; successfully representing lenders and loan servicers against claims of fraud and other lender liability issues; representing the seller in the sale of $50 million business; and received a multi-million dollar jury verdict award in a plaintiff's medical malpractice case against a doctor and a surgical center. Gary also has considerable experience in complex mass tort litigation.
- Obtained a Nevada Supreme Court reversal of award against a loan servicer of nearly $250,000, including $100,000 sanction.